You will know if you have acid reflux disease symptoms. The symptoms are not nice.
This post will give a brief synopsis of the symptoms. Please check with your doctor if you exhibit any of this signs. Check out Symptoms of Acid Reflux for more details.
1) Do you suffer from frequent and consistent acid indigestion or heartburn for two or more days a week?
2) Do you pop over the counter antacids more than twice a week?
3) Do you wake up in the middle of the night with a burning in your chest?
4) Do you find that you are worse after meals?
5) Does food return into your mouth after you swallow?
6) Do you have trouble swallowing or have bouts of coughing?
7) Are you also overweight in addition to the above?
If you answer yes to these questions, seek advice from your physician, not your family or friends. Over 60 million Americans suffer from heartburn at least once a month. Who knows, your friend or spouse may be suffering also.
Rest assured that occasional heartburn is not acid reflux. Our stressful lifestyle will give us the occasional heartburn. A recent study showed stress was a factor in over 50% of the heartburn cases.
There is good news for acid reflux sufferers. There are ways of treating acid reflux naturally. Let me preface by stating that I am not a doctor and I would strongly recommend seeking advice from your physician as soon as possible if you are exhibiting any of these signs.
But I would also strongly suggest taking control of your life and performing research on the subject. Books on acid reflux, GERD, or heartburn are readily available. Be prepared when you see your doctor. Many doctors are not aware of alternative treatments and too readily prescribe tablets to treat the symptoms, but not eliminate the cause.
Dr Morter has discovered the nutritional deficiencies that cause Acid Reflux. In his Acid Reflux Pack, Morter Health System addresses these causes.
Discuss your acid reflux disease symptoms with your doctor.
With a little upfront knowledge, you can intelligently discuss alternative treatments with your doctor in order to find the right solution for you.